Wednesday, February 26, 2014

DIY Gold Dot plate and mug (Kate Spade inspired)


I love how these turned out and it was so easy! I picked up a plate and mug at the dollar tree, these were perfect because they already had the gold trim around the edges. I picked up a gold sharpie at walmart (2 in a pack). I tried to free hand the little circles but couldn't get a uniform look so I used an old notebook cover and used the little circle as my stencil. This was the perfect size. I also realized if you make a mistake a magic eraser will take off the marker and you can start again. After getting all my dots completed. I stuck them in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes this seemed to really set the marker. I am using mine to display my favorite pieces of jewelry but you can use these for about anything. They are the cutest and best of all made for just a few bucks!



No comments:

Post a Comment